Another aha! moment

Up to recently, every moment I spent "practicing" dolphin kick I could feel the impact of the downward kick.  I knew that the upward kick was supposed to contribute to propelling myself forward.  I just hadn't felt any great contribution to forward motion while swimming full stroke butterfly. 

My limited understanding of the butterfly dolphin kick:  On the downbeat my head and upper torso goes forward and slightly down.  On the up beat my head and upper torso go forward and slightly up.  The first half of each upbeat and each downbeat must be forceful to be propulsive.  The last half needs to be more passive to set up for the opposite phase and to prevent undue loss of forward momentum.

Now I can feel it.  Maybe I'm getting more sensation in my feet.  Maybe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lap Pool open!

A video of my freestyle and backstroke